Who can apply to Archives Revealed?
The following eligibility criteria relates to both the Cataloguing Grants and Scoping Grants funding strands:
- public sector bodies in the UK, including Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- registered charities in the UK, including Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- other not-for-profit organisations in the UK, including Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- organisations that make their collections accessible to people outside their organisation
- organisations that have access to professional archive expertise
- organisations with owned or deposited collections – providing they can provide a commitment from the depositor that the collection will not be withdrawn from public access or sold within ten years of the project end date
We do not fund:
- profit-making organisations (see note below)
- private individuals
- organisations based in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- organisations who are contributing to the funding of the scheme
- organisations that do not plan to make their collections accessible to people outside them
- organisations that have not made provision to access professional archive expertise
- archives that have submitted more than one application to Archives Revealed in the same round
Profit making organisations: if your parent body is a profit-making organisation, you may want to look at whether you have a friends group or a charitable arm/trust that could make an application on your behalf. Please note, however, that you will be expected to provide clear justification for eligibility that demonstrates the public benefit of receiving a grant.
If you would like to talk to us about the eligibility of your organisation, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I apply?
There is a two-phase application process for Archives Revealed Cataloguing Grants. For phase 1 2017-18 you can make applications to Archives Revealed using our online application form:
We have also provided the text of the application form in PDF format to help you in preparing your application. This form presents the questions and any word limits that will be applied. You may find it useful to prepare your application in a word processing application, and cut and paste your responses into our form when complete.
Please note that all applications should be completed using our online form and will not be accepted in other formats unless express permission has been given. Please contact us if you have difficulty using this form on email@example.com
The deadline for submission of your application is 17:00 on Friday 12 January 2018.
Please see our FAQs for answers to the most popular questions about the Archives Revealed programme.