- Archiving the arts
- Digitisation consortium
- Discovery: finding archives and their collections
- Explore Your Archive toolkit
- Family and estate records
- First World War and archives
- Giving value: fundraising capacity for the archive sector
- London 2012
- Records surveys
- Transforming Archives
- Volunteering research project
- 20-year rule and records of local interest
- Manorial Documents Register
Giving value: fundraising capacity for the archive sector
The Giving Value project is funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, and has been put together to support the UK archives sector in improving its fundraising knowledge, skills and capacity. The project came together in response to Funding the Archive Sector, a detailed piece of research into funding and capacity issues in the archive sector.
We are planning a three year programme of activities together with our partners The Archives and Records Association, The Welsh Government via CyMAL: Museums Archives and Libraries Wales, the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland, the Scottish Council on Archives and the Institute of Fundraising.
What will the Giving Value project deliver?
- 130 training sessions throughout the UK
- online resources including a diagnostic toolkit
- online communities and forums
- case studies
What topics will the training cover?
- financial preparedness
- advocacy and building a case for support
- first steps in developing a fundraising plan
- capital campaigns
- running fundraising events
- individual giving: crowd-sourcing, legacies and relationship management
- measuring outcomes and commissioning
How can I find out more?
We will be keeping everyone informed of events and training as they are scheduled using our usual communication channels. If you have any questions in the meantime, you can contact the Programme Manager at email@example.com.