Female students at Cambridge University.
After 1945 the reform of secondary education created a demand for university places. The period to the mid-1970s witnessed a large and rapid expansion of the university sector.
Search using Robbins Committee Open University
- Layard, R., King, J. and Moser, C., The Impact of Robbins (Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1969)
- Lowe, R., Education in the Post-War Years: A Social History (London: Routledge, 1988)
- Sanderson, M., The Universities and British Industry 1850-1970 (London: Routledge, 1972)
- Stevens, R., University to Uni: The Politics of Higher Education in Britain since 1944 (London: Politico's, 2004)
- Stewart, W.A.C., Higher Education in Post-War Britain (Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 1989)