- Sussex Teacher Scholar Scheme
- Roehampton MA course
- Roehampton MA resources
- Transatlantic Teachers Programme 2012
- Transatlantic Teachers Resources
- Witnessing the African Slave Trade
- What does a slave rebellion look like?
- Was 1807 really the end of the slave trade?
- Remembering victims of the slave trade
- Lick and lock up done wid
- How proud can Britain be?
- How powerful were slaves?
- How important were Africans to the Atlantic slave trade?
- Childhood slavery in North Africa
- 3 doors into 33,000 voyages
- Inset sessions
- Online CPD
3 doors into 33,000 voyages
This lesson sequence for key stage 5 students was written by Katie Hunter from St Thomas of Aquin's High School in Edinburgh.
Overall enquiry question
Can you negotiate 33,000 sources to prove your theory?
- To deepen existing knowledge of the Triangular Trade
- To generate hypotheses from historical sources
- To test these hypotheses against a statistical database
Lesson plans (PDF, 0.18Mb)
Powerpoint slides 1 (PPT, 18.26Mb)
Powerpoint slides 2 (PPT, 1.28Mb)
Using the Voyages Database - a step by step guide (PDF, 2.55Mb)
Resource rationale (PDF, 0.14Mb)
This page contains PDF, PPT files. See plug-ins and file formats for help in accessing these file types.