- Making a Freedom of Information request
- The National Archives' publication scheme
- About Freedom of Information
- Environmental Information Regulations
- Information requests
The National Archives building and office space
FOI request reference: F0028687
Response sent: August 2011
For each building in your organisation which is used primarily as office space, please supply the following:
1) UK postcode.
2) Net Internal Area (NIA) of the building sq m.
3) Staff (latest available data)
a) Approximate total number (FTE) of office based staff for the building.
b) Optional: If you also have available the total headcount of office based staff for the building, please indicate this.
4) Tenure. Please indicate if the property is either:
a) Owned by your organisation (freehold or leasehold)
b) Managed under a PFI agreement
c) Rented or leased
BUILDING IDENTIFICATION - 1) UK POSTCODE 2) NET INTERNAL AREA (sq m) 3) STAFF 4) TENURE
a) FTE b) Total headcounta) Owned (freehold or leasehold) b) Managed under a PFI agreementc) Rented or leased
Please choose either a) or b) or c)
Example building 1NW17,400550700NNY
Example building 2EC1 0XP37060n/aYNN
5) For each of the buildings you have listed that is not currently owned by your organisation (i.e. you answered b) or c) to Q4), please supply the following, if available
a) The approximate annual rental cost
b) Any known lease break dates
6) For all buildings you have listed, please supply the annual operational costs for the latest year available, excluding rent.
We expect that this will normally include rates, net service charge, maintenance, cleaning, utilities, security etc. but please supply the headline figure that you usually use, specifying what is included / excluded only if necessary.
Where it is not possible to break this down by individual building, please provide a total figure for your estate.
BUILDING IDENTIFICATION - 5) IF RENTED/ LEASED 6) ANNUAL OPERATIONAL COSTS (latest year) NOTES
a) Approx annual rental cost b) Lease break date
Example building 1 2,790,50001/07/2020 600,000n/a
Example building 2 90,000n/a 7,000Security not included in op costs
1) UK postcode - TW9 4DU
2) Net Internal Area (NIA) of the building sq m. - 13679 sq m of staff space, (does not include repositories or public areas - total building NIA 65,355 sq m)
3) Staff (latest available data) - 580.54 FTE
a) Approximate total number (FTE) of office based staff for the building - 398.94
4) Tenure - freehold
6) Total property costs £9,536,536 Cost of office space £2,002,673