- Making a Freedom of Information request
- The National Archives' publication scheme
- About Freedom of Information
- Environmental information regulations
- Information requests
FOI request reference: F0028121
Response sent: May 2011
1. How much money did your department spend on external consultants in the financial year 2010/11?
2. How many days of consultancy did your department pay for in the financial year 2010/11?
3. What was the highest daily rate that you paid to an individual consultant in the financial year 2010/11?
4. Further to question 3, what was the name of the consultancy firm for whom the highest individual consultant works?
5. Further to question 3, what was the name of the consultant?
6. How much was your wage bill for permanent staff in the financial year 2010/11?
1. The National Archives spent £32,153.32 on external consultants in the financial year 2010/11, out of our total budget of £46.8 million.
2. The majority of our consultancy contracts are tendered at a fixed rate for agreed deliverables. Only one consultancy contract was paid for on a day rate in 2010/11 for 9 days.
3. As explained above, we only paid one consulting company on a day rate in 2010/11. This rate was £850 per day.
4. As the majority of our consultancy contracts were paid at a fixed rate, and only one on a day rate, it is not possible to determine which individual within a consulting company was paid the most.
5. Please see the answer above regarding individuals working for consultancy companies.
6. Our wage bill for permanent staff in 2010/11 was £23,184,911 (including pension and National Insurance costs).