- Making a Freedom of Information request
- The National Archives' Publication scheme
- About Freedom of Information
- Environmental information regulations
- Information requests
FOI request reference: F0028020
Response sent: April 2011
1. What were the total redundancy payments for financial year 2010-11, and that will fall in 2011-12 due to notices of redundancy already given, with information broken down by staff, grade, department or function.
2. Details of any staff that were not required to work their notice period, whether they were paid for this period and the total costs of this payment.
1. The National Archives made one redundancy payment in 2010-11. The National Archives have not so far given notice for any redundancies that will fall in 2011-12.
2. The further information requested about this payment has been withheld under section 40(2) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. This is because it constitutes the personal data of an individual who could be identified and to release this information would be unfair to the individual concerned. Therefore releasing this information would breach the first principle of the Data Protection Act 1998. The 1998 Act prevents personal information being released if, for example, it would be unfair or at odds with the reason why it was collected, or where the individual whom the information was about had properly served notice that releasing it would cause major and unnecessary damage or distress.