- Full IFTS accreditation
- Re-users and licensees
- Exceptions to marginal cost pricing
- Frequently asked questions
- IFTS Online accreditation scheme
- Public task
IFTS Online accreditation scheme
What is IFTS Online?
IFTS Online is an accreditation scheme that measures how effectively public sector organisations manage the re-use of their information. It is also a valuable tool for public sector organisations to demonstrate that they are meeting their legal responsibilities under the Regulations on the Re-use of Public Sector Information 2005 (referred to as the 'PSI Regulations' within the assessment process).
IFTS Online is available to all public sector organisations. It is also the means by which we assess the performance of Crown bodies that have a limited delegation of authority to license their own information.
How does the assessment work?
The organisation applying for IFTS Online accreditation completes a self-assessment questionnaire. The questionnaire should take about 1 - 1.5 hours to complete. You will need to give information about:
- how you explain what information is available for re-use
- situations in which you might not permit re-use of information
- website and publications copyright notices
- how you explain any charges for re-use
- the standard terms and conditions of re-use; staff awareness of the policies and guidance
- your complaints policy
- any exclusive arrangements you may have
From the self-assessment questionnaire the Office of Public Sector Information, part of The National Archives, will produce a tailored report providing advice, feedback and recommendations.
Who should complete the assessment?
- If your organisation is already actively permitting people to re-use information and has an established licensing process, then the person responsible for this activity should complete the assessment.
- If you do not have such processes in place then somebody responsible for information policy or Freedom of Information is the best person to complete the assessment.
You are welcome to get in touch with the team through the contact form.
IFTS Online self-assessment questionnaire (DOC, 0.75Mb)
This page contains DOC files. See plug-ins and file formats for help in accessing these file types.