- Collections services
- Official publishing
- Records selection and transfer process
- Information Management Assessment programme
- Crown and Parliamentary copyright
- Digital Continuity Service
- Are you confident that your current IT and information management infrastructure will enable you to access and use your business critical information in the way that you need for as long as you need?
- Are you going through changes to your organisation, technical environment, policies or processes?
- Are you confident that you'll still be able to find, open, trust, work with, and understand business critical information afterwards?
The National Archives runs training on how to manage digital continuity within your organisation. This day long course is workshop based and covers planning for action and defining your requirements, assessing and managing the risks and maintaining digital continuity. We provide attendees with imaginary and real life scenarios to enhance understanding of digital continuity and how it can apply to every organisation. It is particularly useful for those working in information and records management, IT, information assurance and change management.
When and where
We are holding digital continuity training on the following dates in 2013. To reserve a place on one of these courses, please complete our online form.
31 January 2013
13 June 2013
14 November 2013
These courses last one day (10:30 - 16:30) and take place at the National Archives, Kew.
These courses are free of charge and tea and coffee are provided.
You can download the course presentation, as well as factsheets and posters about digital continuity, below.
Digital continuity training presentation (PPT, 8.77Mb)
Training day notes (PDF, 0.23Mb)
Digital continuity factsheets (ZIP, 0.78Mb)
Digital continuity posters (ZIP, 2.21Mb)
Feedback so far...
Just some of the feedback from our first training sessions:
'I couldn't fault this course - it was excellent with real practical application. I feel inspired! Many thanks to all leaders and facilitators'
'Loved it, thank you. Good example of 'actively' sharing knowledge and best practice, and learning something new. Would definitely recommend to others.'
'One of the best training sessions I've ever attended, really useful and engaging, I definitely feel better informed.'
This page contains PPT, PDF, ZIP files. See plug-ins and file formats for help in accessing these file types.