- Official publishing
- Records selection and transfer process
- 1. Appraising your records
- 2. Selecting your records
- 3. Sensitivity reviews of selected records
- 4. Cataloguing and preparation of records
- 5. Planning and arranging delivery of records
- 6. How we accession your records
- Borrowing accessioned records
- Legal obligations for transfer
- Digital records transfer
- Information Management Assessment programme
- Crown and Parliamentary copyright
- Digital Continuity Service
Guidance and forms for digital transfer
Listed below are the forms you will have to complete at stages three (Applying for closure on transfer) and five (Delivery of digital records to The National Archives) of the transfer process.
There is also a digital transfer factsheet and metadata factsheet, which will give you a quick rundown of the digital transfer process and an explanation of why metadata is important; and additional guidance to help you with redaction and inform you about suitable file formats for transfer.
Guidance and forms
Delivery form for digital records (January 2013) (DOC, 0.13Mb)
Redaction toolkit (PDF, 0.18Mb)
Digital transfer factsheet (PDF, 0.09Mb)
Metadata factsheet (PDF, 0.08Mb)
This page contains DOC, XLS, PDF files. See plug-ins and file formats for help in accessing these file types.