- Official publishing
- Records selection and transfer process
- 1. Appraising your records
- 2. Selecting your records
- 3. Sensitivity reviews of selected records
- 4. Cataloguing and preparation of records
- 5. Planning and arranging delivery of records
- 6. How we accession your records
- Borrowing accessioned records
- Legal obligations for transfer
- Digital records transfer
- Information Management Assessment programme
- Crown and Parliamentary copyright
- Digital Continuity Service
Operational Selection Policies
Operational Selection Policies (OSPs) are an integral part of The National Archives' records collection policy. They apply the collection themes described in the policy to the records of individual departments and agencies or to records relating to a cross-departmental theme. OSPs are normally subject to public consultation.
Operational selection policies are intended to be working tools for those involved in the selection of public records and individual OSPs may be reviewed and revised in the light of this.
Records collection policy (PDF, 0.12Mb)
This page contains PDF files. See plug-ins and file formats for help in accessing these file types.