- Current vacancies
- Log in
- Student and work placements
- Benefits and rewards
- Diversity and equal opportunities
- Staff profiles
The National Archives' diversity education bursary
This year, The National Archives is offering two bursaries to individuals who are passionate about embarking on a career in the archives sector. The bursaries will support candidates in gaining a qualification by providing financial support and helping to address the socio-economic barrier that exists for some who are considering entering into the archives sector. We would particularly welcome applications from Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and disabled applicants.
The scheme will provide financial support for a one year full time professional preparation qualification. This could be an MA or equivalent, including Archives, Records management, Information management or Humanities computing courses.
If you would like to apply for one of the bursaries, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- You have been accepted onto a relevant one year full time course in order to progress a career in the archives sector
- You have a demonstrable interest and/or experience in archives and records management
- You are a UK/EU resident student
- You require financial support to fund the cost of your course
- You meet the access criteria for an Archives, Records management, Information management or Humanities computing course and can supply proof of acceptance
To apply for a bursary, please submit a personal statement detailing how you meet the criteria, and demonstrating what you can bring to the sector. Applicants are required to have been accepted onto a course as a prerequisite.
To apply for a bursary please submit a personal statement evidencing how you meet the criteria, and demonstrating what you can bring to the sector. Applicants are required to have been accepted onto a course as a pre-requisite.
To apply, please send your CV and personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The closing date for applications is midnight on Friday 17 April 2015.
Interviews will take place on Monday May 11 2015.