New datasets released on Labs
We have added eight new datasets to our collection on Labs, to give web developers a taste of the incredible range of data available within The National Archives and encourage them to experiment with new applications, online tools and ways of visualising data.
The datasets include:
- postal and web addresses for around 2,400 UK record repositories listed in the National Register of Archives (NRA)
- a list of approximately 700 archives from around the world that hold collections noted under the indexes of the NRA
- a hospital records database, which provides information on the existence, location and administration of records of UK hospitals as recorded by the Wellcome Library
- catalogue details of 'ancient correspondence' between medieval officials covering the 12th to the 16th centuries
- details of official correspondence ('bulls') from the Pope between the 1130s and England's break with Rome 400 years later
- details of Equity cases from the court of Chancery
- detailed descriptions of a wide range of correspondence between central government and selected regional Victorian Poor Law Unions across England and Wales, produced as part of our Living the Poor Life project.