- Latest news
- News archive
- Document releases in 2014
- Document releases archive
- Free enewsletter
Archives for the 21st Century in action: refreshed
31 July 2012
The National Archives has published an updated action plan for archives to replace our existing Archives for the 21st Century in action.
This action plan reflects the changing context in which the archives sector is operating and sets out The National Archives' commitment to the archives sector in light of our new leadership role, as well as actions we believe archives should take over the next three years.
Archive services can use Archives for the 21st Century in action: refreshed to demonstrate their activities are aligned with government policy.
There are five areas in focus:
- develop bigger and better services in partnership - working towards increased sustainability within the sector
- strengthened leadership and a responsive skilled workforce
- coordinated response to the growing challenges of managing digital information so that it is accessible now and remains discoverable in the future
- comprehensive online access for archive discovery through catalogues, and to digitised archive content
- active participation in cultural and learning partnerships, promoting a sense of identity and place within the community
Read more about this update on our blog.
Sharing will require cookies. Show details