- Latest news
- News archive
- Document releases in 2014
- Document releases archive
- Free enewsletter
New Memorandum of Understanding published
07 August 2012
Today we have published on our website a Memorandum of Understanding signed by the Information Commissioner and the Chief Executive of The National Archives. This sets out how The National Archives and the Information Commissioner's Office will work together to achieve our separate and common goals.
The aims of the Memorandum of Understanding are to:
- facilitate contact and discussion on matters of common interest, particularly by sharing knowledge, information, expertise and best practice
- set out the basis on which the organisations will cooperate when dealing with complaints relating to the re-use of information held by public sector bodies
- provide a framework for the coordination of audit and assessment work
Go to the Memorandum of Understanding on our Information management website.
Read our blog post on the memorandum and how we work with the Information Commissioner's Office.
Sharing will require cookies. Show details