- Latest news
- News archive
- Document releases in 2014
- Document releases archive
- Free enewsletter
Apply now for Opening up Archives 2013 traineeships
23 November 2012
Are you looking for a route into the archives sector but don't have traditional qualifications? The Opening up Archives training programme has been developed to help diversify the archives and heritage sector by providing training opportunities for those with non-traditional backgrounds.
Supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund, The National Archives and archives services from across England, the programme is looking for people who can bring talent and energy to the archival world.
Following two successful years, the programme is now recruiting for 13 full-time, one-year workplace traineeships in a range of specialist areas at host archives.
You can read blog posts from some of our previous trainees.
Apply now for opportunities in: London, Manchester, Leicestershire, Surrey, Tyne and Wear, Gloucestershire, Nottinghamshire and Yorkshire.
Trainee specialisms include:
- online engagement and digitisation
- community engagement
- digital preservation
- digital preservation and online engagement
- collection development and community engagement
- interpretation skills
- interpretation skills with a minor in online engagement and digitisation
- community and online engagement and digitisation
Deadline for applications: midnight on 20 December 2012.
Candidates will be contacted by the end of January 2013.
Sharing will require cookies. Show details