Terms and conditions
1. By entering the competition competitors agree to be bound by the rules. Rules specific to a competition are displayed with it ("Competition Notice"). In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
2. The National Archives (TNA) reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition, the Competition Notice or these rules at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Competition Notice or these rules. A copy of the rules may also be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: The National Archives, Kew, Surrey, TW9 4DU, UK.
3. Competitions are open to all members of the public. TNA employees and their family members are excluded. Associated agencies, suppliers and any other company, associated agency or supplier involved in this competition are also excluded. TNA reserves the rights to verify the eligibility of entrants and disqualify any entrant. Verification will occur if TNA has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
4. By entering the competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
5. In the event of any dispute concerning the rules, Notice, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a competition, TNA's decision is final. TNA will not enter into correspondence or discussion concerning disputes.
6. Entries become the property of TNA.
7. The names and countries of the winner(s) are available by sending an SAE to The National Archives, Ruskin Avenue, Kew, Surrey, TW9 4DU, UK.
8. TNA reserves the right to publish the name and home town or county of the winner in future publications.
9. Only one entry per person per competition is allowed.
10. Competition entries must be made in the manner, and by the closing date, specified.
11. TNA cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, and delay in operation or transmission of communications media outside its control. TNA cannot accept responsibility for communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries outside its control. TNA cannot accept responsibility for entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
12. Winners will be selected at random from all entries received by the closing date. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) and TNA is final. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into by TNA.
14. Winners will normally be notified by email within three months of the competition ending unless otherwise stated in the Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification within the time stated therein may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
15. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded.
16. TNA reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
17. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified by TNA or its agents. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner
18. Prize details are as specified in the competition. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
19. Prizes are awarded at TNA's discretion. No prize or prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on the behalf of any entrant.
20. TNA assumes that by using its site and entering the competition (and you warrant that) that you have legal capacity to enter the competition and agree to the rules.
21. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, TNA does not accept responsibility for the return of any competition entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
21. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation. It will be not disclosed to a third party without the individual's prior consent.
22. TNA cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
23. TNA is not responsible for any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition.
22. English law will govern the competition and terms and conditions of this agreement.