- Opening times and closure dates
- Where to find us
- Before you visit
- When you arrive
- Disabled access
- Group visits
- Events at The National Archives
- Events elsewhere
Events at The National Archives
We hold a range of events, from free public talks on records of interest, to training courses for archivists and academics.
If you are unable to visit The National Archives, most of our talks are available as podcasts.
You can also find information on events and talks we are involved in on our Events elsewhere page.
Events programme, July-December 2014Our July to December 2014 events programme is now live. See our updated calendar of events below, including:
- our Writer of the Month talks
- a series of events on the theme of diplomacy
- one-off events including workshops, weekend and evening talks
You will need to pre-book our events, whether paid or unpaid.
Calendar of events at The National Archives
- 06 October 2014All at Sea: international conference on Prize PapersFully booked
- 16 October 2014User ForumFree event
- 23 October 2014The Chevalier d'Eon: Transgender Diplomat at the Court of George III, 1763-1777Free event
- 28 October 2014Talk and book launch: Inventions that didn't change the world: a history of Victorian curiositiesFree event
- 31 October 2014Writer of the month: Stories from behind the Berlin Wall - Hester Vaizey Ticket event
- 04 November 2014Paddy Ashdown: The Cruel VictoryTicket event
- 08 November 2014Workshop: Colonial lives and careers: tracing individuals in the records of the Colonial OfficeFree event
- 08 November 2014The First World War and the community - putting it all together: how to use archives to piece together your community's involvement in the First World WarFree event
- 11 November 2014The civil service in the First World WarFree event
- 18 November 2014Writer of the month: Thomas Cromwell - Tracy BormanTicket event
- 25 November 2014Lines on the map: records of international boundariesFree event
- 28 November 2014Catalogue DayFree event
- 03 December 2014Writer of the month: The Spanish Ambassador's Suitcase - Matthew Parris and Andrew BrysonTicket event
- 11 December 2014A Game for Christmas: Football on the Western Front, December 1914?Free event
- 18 December 2014Writer of the month: Agincourt - Ranulph FiennesTicket event
Events for students
The education service runs workshops and events for school pupils and students, from key stage 1 through to undergraduates.