- Opening times and closure dates
- Where to find us
- Before you visit
- When you arrive
- Disabled access
- Group visits
- Events at The National Archives
- Events elsewhere
Events at The National Archives
We hold a range of events, from free public talks on records of interest, to training courses for archivists and academics.
If you are unable to visit The National Archives, most of our talks are available as podcasts.
You can also find information on events and talks we are involved in on our Events elsewhere page.
You will need to pre-book our events, whether paid or unpaid.
Calendar of events at The National Archives
- 03 February 2015The published word: making the most of electronic publications for your research Free event
- 05 February 2015Using published sources for First World War family history researchFree event
- 06 February 2015Early printed books from The National Archives' library collectionFree event
- 11 February 2015Writer of the month: Helen Castor: Joan of ArcTicket event
- 17 February 2015User forumFree event
- 19 February 2015Fanny & Stella: the young men who shocked Victorian EnglandFree event
- 21 February 2015Out of the archives: a Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Queer or Questioning (LGBTQ) zine workshopFree event
- 25 February 2015Get started session: researching and writing the history of your familyTicket event
- 10 March 2015Poetry and prose by women in the First World WarFree event
- 16 March 2015Webinar - tracing your ancestors: women in the military services during First World WarFree event
- 18 March 2015Writer of the month: Jenny Uglow: In these timesTicket event
- 26 March 2015Get started session: researching and writing the history of your houseTicket event
- 15 April 2015Writer of the month: Adam Nicolson: Wordsworth's and Coleridge's year together in Somerset, 1797-1798Ticket event
Events for students
The education service runs workshops and events for school pupils and students, from key stage 1 through to undergraduates.