- Opening times and closure dates
- Where to find us
- Before you visit
- When you arrive
- Disabled access
- Group visits
- Events at The National Archives
- Events elsewhere
Events at The National Archives
We hold a range of events, from free public talks on records of interest, to training courses for archivists and academics.
If you are unable to visit The National Archives, most of our talks are available as podcasts.
You can also find information on events and talks we are involved in on our Events elsewhere page.
Events programme, July-December 2014Our July to December 2014 events programme is now live. See our updated calendar of events below, including:
- our Writer of the Month talks
- a series of events on the theme of diplomacy
- one-off events including workshops, weekend and evening talks
You will need to pre-book our events, whether paid or unpaid.
Calendar of events at The National Archives
- 22 July 2014Workshop: from mandarins to mandates, an overview of Foreign and Commonwealth Office records in The National ArchivesFree event
- 24 July 2014'Things as are all Forms, & Ceremonys': Ritual and Authority in the Reign of Queen AnneFree event
- 05 August 2014The Royal Navy and British Army Go To War: Mobilisation And Their Roads to War 1914Free event
- 13 August 2014Workshop: Great Fire of London 1666 workshop in The Keeper's GalleryFree event
- 13 August 2014Writer of the month: The King's CurseTicket event
- 26 August 2014A World of Their Design: The Men who shaped Tudor DiplomacyFree event
- 04 September 2014Perception and reality: British policy and diplomacy towards Germany during the prelude to the Second World WarFree event
- 10 September 2014Writer of the month: Secrets of The National ArchivesTicket event
- 11 September 2014Crisis? What Crisis?: Re-assessing the British 'winter of discontent' 1978-1979 Free event
- 18 September 2014From British Bobby to Hong Kong CopperFree event
- 25 September 2014Talk and book launch: Maps: their untold storiesFree event
- 06 October 2014All at Sea: international conference on Prize PapersTicket event
- 17 October 2014Writer of the month: Stories from behind the Berlin WallTicket event
- 23 October 2014The Chevalier d'Eon: Transgender Diplomat at the Court of George III, 1763-1777Free event
- 08 November 2014Workshop: Colonial lives and careers: tracing individuals in the records of the Colonial OfficeFree event
- 18 November 2014Writer of the month: Thomas CromwellTicket event
- 25 November 2014Lines on the map: records of international boundariesFree event
- 03 December 2014Writer of the month: The Spanish Ambassador's SuitcaseTicket event
- 11 December 2014A Game for Christmas: Football on the Western Front, December 1914?Free event
- 17 December 2014Writer of the month: AgincourtTicket event
Events for students
The education service runs workshops and events for school pupils and students, from key stage 1 through to undergraduates.