- UK Government Web Archive
Other web archive collections
Please see below for a selection of Other web archive collections.
The UK Web Archive
The UK Web Archive contains websites selected by:
- The British Library – archiving a broad range of websites from the UK. Within the archive, some sites are gathered into special collections which focus on a theme or event;
- The National Library of Wales - Welsh cultural content and sites relating to the Welsh Assembly;
- Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC) - websites connected with projects funded by The Higher Education Funding Council (HEFC) and JISC;
- The Wellcome Library – websites related to the history and progress of medicine;
- The National Library of Scotland - Scottish cultural content and sites relating to the Scottish Parliament collected between May 2005 and December 2007
The Internet Memory Foundation
The Internet Memory Foundation (formerly known as the European Archive) is a non-profit organisation, based in Paris and Amsterdam. It works with cultural and government organisations, including under contract to The National Archives. It also contributes to research programmes on capturing and preserving digital data. The collections of some of the organisations they work with are hosted on their website.
The Internet Archive
Founded in 1996 and based in USA, The Internet Archive holds many instances from the early web. In addition to its web archiving activities, the non-profit organisation is involved in a variety of web-related initiatives.
The International Internet Preservation Consortium is an international membership organisation with the aim of ensuring information published on the internet is preserved for future generations. It has produced a list of other organisations involved in web archiving.