Corporate Freedom of Information requests
We have disclosed the requests we receive for information from our own corporate records. For each entry we show the request, whether or not it was successful, and any information we provided.
View the information requests we have received and our responses.
Freedom of Information statistics
On average The National Archives receives around 10% of all Freedom of Information requests made to more than 40 monitored government bodies (source: GOV.UK).
View a breakdown of FOI responses answered within the statutory time frame since 2010. From 2019-20, the breakdown of FOI responses is provided on a quarterly basis.
Responses to FOI requests (XLS, 35 KB)
- 20-year rule
- Energy, environment and sustainability
- How we spend public money
- Our public services
- Tenders and contracts
- Digitisation and digital archives
- Our staff
- Reclosure Panel
- Misplaced items
- Framework document for The National Archives
- Information Management Report
- Record transfer report
- Record transfer report for local bodies