Please note the Archives Revealed Cataloguing Grants programme is currently closed for applications, and will re-open by October 2018. We have revised the guidance and application process based on feedback received after round 1 (2017-2018) and the new documentation and guidance will be available here from October 2018.
Please read all the guidance for applicants carefully before making your application.
There is a full set of guidance for each phase: you can download this in one document or in a series of individual help sheets on different topics.
You will also find lots of useful information in our FAQs.
- Full application guidance for Phase 1 (PDF, 0.29 MB)
- Help Sheet 1: Eligibility and Organisation Information (PDF, 0.18 MB)
- Help Sheet 2: Project Summary (PDF, 0.14 MB)
- Help Sheet 3: Strategic Planning (PDF, 0.2 MB)
- Help Sheet 4: Significance (PDF, 0.18 MB)
- Video: How to conduct a significance assessment and write a significance statement (on YouTube)
- Help Sheet 5: Audiences, Use and Impact (PDF, 0.16 MB)
- Video: Providing evidence of the need for the collection to be catalogued (on YouTube)
- Help Sheet 6: Collections Management (PDF, 0.15 MB)
- Help Sheet 7: Evidence and Submission (PDF, 0.23 MB)
Help sheets and guidance will be made available in December 2017.
Please see our FAQs for answers to the most popular questions about the Archives Revealed programme.
The Sector Grants and Development Managers at The National Archives can give advice and support on the application process, eligibility, and how to apply for funding. Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
Further help and support
Archives Revealed will provide additional help, training and support to further enable archives to make successful funding applications to other funding bodies. Find out more.