We have revised the guidance and application process based on feedback received after round 1 (2017-18). Even if you have applied previously, please read the new guidance provided.
We strongly encourage you to discuss your proposed project with us, prior to submitting an application. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Please read all the guidance for applicants carefully before making your application.
There is a full set of guidance for each phase: you can download this in one document or in a series of individual help sheets on different topics.
You will also find lots of useful information in our FAQs 2018 (PDF, 0.42 MB).
- Full application guidance phase 1 (PDF, 0.5 MB)
- Help sheet 1: Introduction (PDF, 0.26 MB)
- Help sheet 2: Eligibility and organisation(PDF, 0.28 MB)
- Help sheet 3: Ownership and permissions (PDF, 0.25 MB)
- Help sheet 4: Project summary (PDF, 0.28 MB)
- Help sheet 5: Strategic planning (PDF, 0.34 MB)
- Help sheet 6: Significance (PDF, 0.29 MB)
- Video: How to conduct a significance assessment and write a significance statement (on YouTube)
- Help sheet 7: Audiences, use, impact (PDF, 0.36 MB)
- Video: Providing evidence of the need for the collection to be catalogued (on YouTube)
- Help sheet 8: Collections management (PDF, 0.28 MB)
- Help sheet 9: Submitting your application (PDF, 0.25 MB)
Help sheets and guidance will be made available in January 2019.
Please see our FAQs for answers to the most popular questions about the Archives Revealed programme.
The Sector Grants and Development Managers at The National Archives can give advice and support on the application process, eligibility, and how to apply for funding. Please get in touch at email@example.com and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
Further help and support
Archives Revealed will provide additional help, training and support to further enable archives to make successful funding applications to other funding bodies. Find out more.