We offer a one-day appraisal and selection course for staff from government departments and public record bodies that transfer records to The National Archives. It is suitable for, and specifically aimed at, those staff currently undertaking the appraisal (review) and selection of paper and digital records for preservation at The National Archives. This course is not intended for contractors, suppliers or members of the public.
The course covers both digital and paper records appraisal.
What this course covers
- Basic principles of appraisal and selection
- Determining the value of your information
- Making paper appraisal more efficient
- Addressing the challenges of digital appraisal
- Practical exercises utilising published advice and guidance
We are currently reviewing our training offering for 2018. We expect to be able to confirm availability of courses shortly. If you would like to express an interest in this course, please ask your line manager to email email@example.com.
Courses are free of charge.
The National Archives, Kew.
- Records Management Foundation Course: Appraisal, Selection and Transfer
- Introduction to Information Management
- Records Management Masterclass: Cataloguing and File Preparation
- Digital continuity training
- Digital transfer training
- Delivering Information Assurance training
- Management Board briefings
- Responsible for Information – for SMEs
- Implementing the 20-year rule – transferring to places of deposit