Public provision of housing became a pressing issue after the First World War, and continued to concern governments throughout the 20th century.
Search using Wheatley Act Housing Subsidies Act
- Daunton, M., A Property Owning Democracy? Housing in Britain (London: Faber & Faber, 1987)
- Short, J.R., The Post-War Experience Housing in Britain (London: Methuen, 1982)
- Malpass, P., Reshaping Housing Policy Subsidies, Rents and Residualisation (London: Routledge, 1990)
- Power, A., Property Before People: Management of Twentieth Century Council Housing (1987)
- Ravetz, A., Council Housing and Culture London (London: Routledge, 2001)