This course is suitable for Departmental Records Officers (DROs), records managers and IT managers. It provides a high-level overview of the digital transfer process, including practical exercises.
We recommend attendance once a department has selected digital records and are preparing them for transfer to The National Archives. If your department is not currently due to transfer under the Public Records Act we are happy to receive early transfers of digital records.
What this course covers
Morning session (10:00 to 12:30):
- overview of digital appraisal, selection and sensitivity review
- key steps
- introduction to main tools currently used in the digital transfer process
- practical exercises.
Afternoon session (13:15 to 15:30):
- overview of transfer, ingest and accession of born-digital records
- practical exercises
- ‘Digital Transfer surgery’ to discuss questions specific to your organisation.
Free of charge.
The National Archives, Kew. Free parking is available in The National Archives’ public car park.
We are currently reviewing our training offer for next calendar year. If you are interested in attending the session or have any questions around the transfer of digital records then please email us at GovernmentTransfers@nationalarchives.gov.uk.
- Records Management Foundation Course: Appraisal, Selection and Transfer
- Introduction to Information Management
- Records Management Masterclass: Appraisal and Selection
- Records Management Masterclass: Cataloguing and File Preparation
- Digital continuity training
- Delivering Information Assurance training
- Management Board briefings
- Responsible for Information – Civil Service Learning course
- Implementing the 20-year rule – transferring to places of deposit