To help us preserve the records for future generations, please observe our guidance for using the reading rooms and handling documents.
- No coats, bags or umbrellas – please leave in the lockers provided on the ground floor
- No food, drink, sweets or gum
- No sharp objects
- Use pencils without erasers
- Keep sound levels low when using headphones
- No pens
- Ensure your mobile is on silent mode
- Ensure your laptop has the sound off
- Ensure the sound and flash are turned off on your camera
- Always handle the documents with care
Suitcases and other items that are too large to fit inside our lockers are not allowed inside the building: please make arrangements to leave luggage elsewhere. Our lockers can accommodate items with a maximum size of 43 cm x 42 cm x 24 cm. Nearby luggage storage providers can be found by searching on www.stasher.com.
A complete list of rules is available from the welcome desk, the Enquiry Service Manager or online.