The National Archives provides a range of guidance, tools and templates that can help you through the process of managing your information.
You can also access reports on the management of information and records across government, and find support to help you improve standards within your own organisation.
To realise the value of your information you need a combination of policies, process, tools and technology that take account of legislative and business requirements.
These pages provide guidance on the selection and transfer of records.
- Step 1: Appraising your records
- Step 2: Selecting your records
- Step 3: Sensitivity reviews of selected records
- Step 4: Cataloguing and preparation of records
- Step 5: Planning and arranging delivery of records
- Step 6: Accessioning your records
- Borrowing accessioned records
- Legal obligations for transfer
- Digital records transfer